I have my video clips for week 1 of the Minimalism Game put together (January 1st through 7th). Hopefully it won’t take me as long to get weeks 2 and 3 put together as they are both now past due. I am working on it! 🙂
If you missed my Intro post to the Minimalism Game, what it is and why I am playing it you can view that here.
So I don’t have still pictures of everything which means you will need to watch the above video if you are interested in seeing footage of all the items my husband and I each decided to get out of the house for week 1. I will however at least list the items directly below just in case anyone is wondering and doesn’t want to watch the video:
- January 1st (1 item) – Decorative Tea light Candle Holder Box
- January 2nd (2 items) – 2 Glass Candle Holders With Candles
- January 3rd (3 items) – Red Decorative Plate, Frosted Glass Tea light Lantern, Frosted Glass Votive Candle Holder
- January 4th (4 items) – 2 Coffee Mugs & 2 Ice Cube Trays
- January 5th (5 items) – 5 Round Dinner Plates
- January 6th (6 items) – 6 White Ceramic Mugs
- January 7th (7 items) – 2 Roaster Pans, 3 Rectangle Plastic Containers, 1 Tall Plastic Container, 1 Plastic Liquid Measuring Cup
My Husband’s Items
- January 1st (1 item) – Light Up Santa Star Christmas Tree Topper
- January 2nd (2 items) – Christmas Tree Ornament & A Set Of Tree Lights
- January 3rd (3 items) – 3 Christmas Themed Puzzles
- January 4th (4 items) – 3 Ceramic Mugs & 1 Tall Drinking Glass
- January 5th ( 5 items) – 5 Random Kitchen Utensils (Flipper, Pasta Serving Measure, Tablespoon, Lemon Juicer, Strawberry Stem Remover)
- January 6th (6 items) – 5 Forks & A Digital Food Thermometer
- January 7th (7 Items) – 5 Spoons & 2 Butter Knives
That is it for week 1. Nothing really overly interesting but all things that needed to be weeded out nevertheless. I see it as big or small it all takes up space so no matter what you choose it is a step in the right direction. Stay tuned for weeks 2 through 4!
Mom worry is something I started to experience the minute I found out I was pregnant and since then I don’t think it has ever gone away. Sure it has its peaks and valleys but at anytime on any given day it is always there in one way or another and probably will be until the day I die…if it even ends there.
On the scale of mom worry I would say thus far in my experience as a mom the times when my little one is sick sure raises the numbers on the scale to epic proportions more than most anything else. Silly or not even just a little cough or sniffle or an off day gets my mind racing. Every piece of my being just wants my baby to be happy and healthy so anything that interferes with that sets my teeth on edge.
Over the last couple of days we have been dealing with what I think is just a typical stomach bug and it has been so difficult to watch my daughter suffer as she gets through it. I can tell every part of her just wants to be able to run around and play with her toys but she just doesn’t have the energy. I feel so helpless! If only I could take her place and be sick instead so she doesn’t have to be. (And yes I realize I probably have it coming my way any minute now…gotta love germs.)
My crazy overactive mommy mind constantly goes to all the “what ifs”…what if this is more than just a stomach bug…what if she has a food allergy to dairy or gluten…what if this is something worse? And also all the zillion other questions running through my head…should we go to the doctor…is she dehydrated…when has this been going on for to long…what should I feed her…is there anything I can do to make her feel better faster…am I doing enough for her? And on and on and on.
I hope that with more time, experience and advice from Grandma I will slowly start to be more at ease when it comes to all these normal and numerous illnesses I am going to see my daughter go through as she grows up. For now I will just have to keep my crazy, over bearing, wrought with worry mom brain locked away and under wraps!
On a positive note, although I can’t stand her being sick I must say I do treasure all of the extra snuggles and cuddles I am getting as she makes her way through this. Those are such a rare treat now adays!
Anyway there was no real point to this post other than I just needed to get my feelings down and of course to offer my support to anyone else out there who is going through another round of acute mom worry.